Monday, January 24, 2011

Poems Streak

I've been in a poem writing mood lately. So here is another two.

You Need a Drought Before the Rain

You must be wrong before you are right
You need to be injured before you are healed
You must be lost before you can be found

You need to succeed before you can be defeated
You fall in love before your heart is broken
You need to be alive before you can be dead

That one's pretty short and simple. The second one is longer, though not that much more elaborate.


Tick Tock

Tick tock tick tock
Goes the clock
All day long
Repeating the same song

 Tick tock tick tock
Goes the clock
Every second of every day
Something goes by without delay

Tick tock tick tock
Goes the clock
Your time is running by
Be prepared to say goodbye

Tick tock tick tock
Goes the clock
Another baby is born
As another person dies among scorn

Tick tock tick tock
Goes the clock
Hours and hours wasting away
And as we watch the time fade to gray
We wonder if they had been put to good use
Or had they been only spent on abuse?

Tick tock tick tock
Goes the clock
As we toil upon our honest work
Whether a doctor, or fire man, or simply a clerk
While someone else is misusing their time
And how can it be that this is fine?

Tick tock tick tock
Goes the clock
What happens when the clock stops ticking?
Will we be forever gone or ever still thinking?

Tick tock tick tock
Goes the clock
Until it can tick no longer...
I think that one was pretty good. Hope you did too. Signing off.
 -AstriD

2 comments:

  1. I like your first poem thought it was awesome I'm not a poet so I can't really criticize lmao the second one I also liked it reminded me of Fresh prince of bel air if you ever watch that show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Your the fist person to make a coment on any of my poems! :D I had pretty much given up on this blog thing...
    So thanks for the coment! And I have seen the fresh prince. It's a great show.

    ReplyDelete